Proud Home of the Bruins
We invite our community to stay in tune with and learn about all things Bruin as you explore the pages of our website. We’re confident that once you know us, you will Believe in the Bruins as much as we do.
New Parking System at BHS
- The buses will remain in the same location and have no changes for departure.
- We will place a barrier near the NE entrance so no one can access the north lot where the busses pick up students – this barrier will direct any cars that enter from the NE to head south in front of the building to the pick-up area on the south side.
- Parents - pickup lines will now head west (no longer east) and after the pick-up of the student, you should leave the parking lot via the access road – both lanes will be exits (no cars will be allowed on the access road after 3:15 heading north)
- Students will park in the west lot (football game parking area) – teachers park in the south lot. The west and south entrances will be open during the morning for building access.
- Teachers, parents, and students will have to exit out the access road. As the cars exit (heading south), the right hand lane will turn west and the left hand lane will turn east. We will have a staff member at the end of the lane to help disperse cars and attempt to control traffic issues. We will also post a staff member near the front of the access road to help drivers determine the lane to be in as they exit. Please follow the cones/lanes for exiting the area.
A Message from Our Principal
Dear Bruins Families and Community,
Hello! My name is Scott Shimer. I am the principal at Blackford High School. We are looking forward to a great school year, and we are excited to have you visit our web site. Please call our building to ask any questions you may have about the fall semester. I hope you had a great summer! Please let us know if we can answer any questions!